You’re out camping and you need water. There is a stream nearby. So, do you just grab the water, of do you makes sure it’s clean? Of course, you will aim to make sure the water is absolutely clean. And how do you do it? With a water purification pens.
Among the smallest and most affordable pieces of purification technology, these pens are superb companions. They’re compact and incredibly efficient, so having one with you is always prudent.
The 5 Best Selling Water Purification Pens:
- Compact handheld UV water purifier designed specifically for outdoor/expedition use; Reusable for up to 8,000 liters
- Destroys more than 99.9 percent of harmful microorganisms, including Giardia, bacteria, viruses and protozoa
- Safe and effective without altering taste, pH, or other properties of water; chemical-free
- Water sensor doubles as an LED flashlight
- Comes with two disposable CR123 batteries and a neoprene case with belt loop
- Compact handheld ultraviolet light (UV) water purifier designed specifically for outdoor/expedition use. -Reusable for up to 8,000 liters.
- Destroys over 99.9% of harmful bacteria, viruses and protozoa, like Giardia and Cryptosporidium. -Certified by the Water Quality Association.
- Fast, safe, effective and chemical-free. Doesn't alter taste, pH, or other water properties.
- Weighs only 3.8 ounces with batteries. Measures 6.1 x 1.3 x .9 inch. Water sensor doubles as an LED flashlight.
- Includes 2 CR123 batteries, neoprene case with belt loop, and 3-year limited warranty.
- UV light destroys germs' ability to reproduce and make you sick; The SteriPEN destroys over 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and protozoa
- Battery Life: Up to 50 treatments per charge and 300 charge discharge cycles; This is equivalent to 15,000 liters
- Simple OLED display shows everything you need to know - treatment, lamp, and battery status; USB rechargeable from a computer, wall, or solar panel
- Water Quality Association: SteriPEN tested and certified by WQA against US EPA Microbiological Water Purifier Standard
- Water-purification system with SteriPen Classic UV water purifier to eliminate pathogens and a SteriPen Pre-Filter to remove sediment
- SteriPen Classic's UV lamp provides 8,000 treatments--with up to 200 treatments per battery set; treats 16 ounces of water in 48 seconds
- 4x4-micron pre-filter screen removes all sediment and stores within the water bottle lid
- Requires four AA lithium batteries; comes with carrying case
- Recipient of the Water Quality Association (WQA) Gold Seal, certifying that SteriPen purifies water safely and effectively
- LATEST TECHNOLOGY: using Hollow Fiber UF Membrane as the filter material(BPA-Free), it will not breed bacteria easily even if used it for a long time.
- PORTABLE: does not require any electricity,with the weight 0.7OZ make your trip more easily.
- Filtered virtually all bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.99%), and Viruses (99.999%) that can contaminate water, water purification capacity of about 200L, the maximum flow rate of about 250ml/min.
- Application scenarios: travel, camping, hiking, field operations, adventures,relief, emergency kit, regional drinking water safety.
- Package includes: 1 x Filtered Pen, 1 x accessory.
Our Selection of the 5 Best Water Purification Pens:
If you have a need for one, you can check out our list of the best water purification pens, and maybe there will be something there that will catch your eye.
Our first item is LifeStraw water filter pen/straw. Easy to use and highly reliable, this pen has been a favorite among adventurers of all kinds. The pen is simple to use – just pop the cap, put it in the water and start drinking – and that’s it. The hollow fiber membrane filters out most 99.9% bacteria, protozoa and viruses, making sure that the water you’re drinking it not in the least contaminated. The pen has a maximum capacity of 1000 liters.
The splendid pen is also quite affordable, and you can find it on amazon for under 20$.
Not all purifiers need filters, and SteriPen (you’ll get to see this name often) uses UV light to ensure that your water is clean and safe to drink. The purifier is very powerful, and it removes 99.9% bacteria, viruses and protozoa by killing them and disabling their reproduction. In fact, the device is just as efficient as the VitalityStraw water filter straw.
However, SteriPen has a much larger capacity, and it can go for 300 discharge cycles on a single charge, which is close to 15,000 liters purified. The battery is recharged via simple USB cable.
Like we said, you’ll see SteriPen a lot, and their Traveler Mini Water Purifier is a smaller, but equally powerful, iteration of the Ultra UV water purifier. This tiny pen is superbly effective against all above-mentioned contaminants, delivering the same performance as both the Ultra UV and VitalityStraw. Not only that, but the UV does not leave an aftertaste, nor does it alter pH levels.
The only difference between this pen and the Ultra is that this pen is rated to 3000 liters, as opposed to Ultra’s 15,000.
Our penultimate product is another straw, this time from Meco. Just like VitalityStraw, this is a highly effective and simple device. It uses a hollow fiber membrane filter that retains up to 99.9% contaminants. Of course, the device needs cleaning once in a while, and you can do it by simply backflushing. The straw is even more reliable than UV devices, as it requires no batteries. However, it has a lower capacity rating, being rated to 2000 liters.
The pen is also inexpensive, and can be purchased off Amazon for 20$.
Our last item comes again from SteriPen. This marvelous device uses UV light to destroy all contaminants, making any puddle of water as clean as a mountain spring. Not only that, but the UV light does not leave an aftertaste, nor does it change the pH value or other chemical traits of the water. The device is rated to purifying up to 8000 liters of water before requiring you to recharge it. It also doubles up as a flashlight.
The device costs about the same as other SteirPen products, which is about 90 bucks.
Like we said, going camping you’re will need a water purifier. Luckily for you, we’ve already done the searching or you, and we made this little list of five outstanding water purifier pens. These things are affordable, efficient and safe to use, and no adventurer should go without one. Now, the question is whether you like straws or pretty lights.
Products You Might Like: