You’d be right to ask why we would feature something like tabletop games here on Oemsie a travel and photography blog. Call it experience. As we’ve travelled the world we’ve come to realise there’s many different ways to connect with people and one of our favorites turned out to be tabletop role-playing games. Especially so on cold wet days you’re not able to be outside enjoying nature.
Tabletop role-playing games, RPG for short, is a form of role-playing in which the players describe their actions through speech. There’s normally a formal set of rules and guidelines which determine how to game plays out and what the characteristics are of each player. The game normally has a game master who describes the game environment and determines certain actions not determined by the rules, guidelines and throw of the dice.
The most famous tabletop RPG is probably dungeons and dragons, which can be players by beginners but tends to be very involved and complicated for some.
Below we have listed the 10 best selling tabletop RPGs for beginners. Beginner games tend to be more straightforward and easier to get into.
*Updated for 2017
The 10 Best Selling Tabletop Role-Playing Games for Beginners :
- The perfect entry into Star Wars roleplaying for all aspiring Jedi!
- Features a complete learn-as-you-go adventure that guides you through the rules even as you participate in its unfolding story
- Pre-generated character folios come with all the information players need to interact with the story and each other
- Fourteen custom dice allow you to jump right into game play, advancing your story with every roll
- Serves as a launching pad for future adventures, complete with suggestions
- Explore subterranean labyrinths! Plunder hoards of treasure! Battle legendary monsters!
- The Dungeons and Dragons Starter Set is your gateway to action-packed stories of the imagination.
- Wizards RPG Team
- Wizards of the Coast
- Edition no. Brdgm (07/15/2014)
- Bring the cinematic experience of Star Wars to your tabletop
- Players assume the roles of members of the Rebel Alliance in its struggle against the evil galactic Empire
- The perfect starting point for new roleplayers and players new to Star Wars: Age of Rebellion alike
- A complete, standalone game for 3-5 players
- Includes four pre-generated characters, a complete, learn-as-you-go adventure, one rulebook, a double-sided map, 14 custom dice and 48 tokens
- Ages: 12+
- The Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game is a complete standalone experience for 3-5 novice roleplayers.
- Fantasy Flight Pub Inc
- The perfect entry into the Star Wars roleplaying experience for players of all skill levels
- A complete, learn-as-you-go adventure quickly sets you upon the path to your destiny
- Play as any of four fully developed characters, each with his or her own talents and backstory
- Set just prior to the events of The Force Awakens
- Custom dice develop your story with every roll
- Oliver Wayne
- CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Paperback: 70 pages
- Pathfinder RPG (Role Playing Game) Beginner or Starter Box for those new to the game.
- Join the exciting world of fantasy role playing and create your own hero.
- Suitable for ages 13 through adult. 2 to 5 players. Game time averages 60 to 90 minutes.
- Includes: Game Master Manual, Hero's Handbook, Transition Guide, pregenerated character sheets, and character ability sheets.
- Includes: Flip matt play surface, set of 7 polyhedral (many sided) dice, and 80 cardboard character pawns.
- Alan T. Norman
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 2 (12/17/2016)
- Sam Key
- Kindle Edition
- Jordan Callarman
- Shadow Creek Games
- Edition no. 1 (02/19/2015)
- Paperback: 56 pages
Products You Might Like: